[DECLINED] Add Search item

Here we can discuss suggestions and development of amxbans.
Nothing discussed in here are certain that it will be coded or added.
Striker

[DECLINED] Add Search item

Postby Striker » 03 May 2013, 17:27

Hello,

I think the search system is not completed, my idea is search the bans by country with a scroll menu.

Some servers and modes accept only few country and ban a lot of strangers. I think this is essential.

I have request to a friend for make this but he said me that the GeoIP.dat is cripted and for make this, it's impossible without GeoIP.dat.

Thank's in advance for answers.

Zapy
Site Admin

Re: Add Search item

Postby Zapy » 03 May 2013, 22:17

the GeoIP.dat files is a creative common license product downloadable and updateable from:
http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/geolite
GeoLite Country, gzip or zip, your choice, unzip an replace your current one for the latest version.

Your friend could read up on it there and how to use the GeoIP.dat file.

Apart from that why should someone want to search on bans made by country if they actually don't want users from that country on the server?
Project Leader for Amxbans.net from 2013
Head Community admin for Warzone Short Valley
Swedish Gaming Community since 2000
www.warzone.nu

Striker

Postby Striker » 03 May 2013, 23:42

Thank's.

Because if a mod or server don't want a user with X nationality, they have a lot of bans.
Example: My team is based on a French Jail mod, the rules are different from a "Jailbreak" mod and a lot of strangers are banned because they don't respect the rules.
Approximatly 8k bans and 90 % of the bans are the strangers who don't respect rules.
This can reduce the number of ban, it's very usefull to unban a some category. But yes it's useless if a server have a little number of bans.

Zapy
Site Admin

Postby Zapy » 04 May 2013, 01:34

But why would they want to search the ban-list by country just because they have a lot of bans? if they are banned because they are
from the wrong country i see it unlikely they will get unbanned?

Or is it because you WANT to remove these bans because they are temporary bans? if they misbehave the first time or don't know
the rules they will just get banned again?

I would install this plugin instead and actually block these countries totally from the server, it uses the GeoIP module in amxx.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=97613

By doing this the database wont get "spammed" with bans because of wrong country.

And if you want to clean up your database from these bans you have to cross reference the ips in the GeoIP file
(or the .csv file on the same site which should be easier) against the current bans and remove them, this will require a little coding
from your friends side to get it working but this would be the best solution with the plugin added to the server as well.

Don't forget to hit Enter some times in the meanings :-)
www.warzone.nu

Striker

Postby Striker » 04 May 2013, 12:48

Why ? To unban, less pages when search bans.

My bans from strangers are always permanently in 99 % case because they don't want to know rules from a French server, just 2/3 strangers learn.

Your solution is not the best, i have already tested and with geoip it's not safe... Some French are automaticatly kicked from the server because which take for a stranger, Stranger same if i need just some countries.. This is because a search item "Country" is essential to replace this plugin, automatic not safe, manual best no errors :p

I'll see with my friend ^^

Zapy
Site Admin

Postby Zapy » 04 May 2013, 15:44

Less pages when you search the bans? i still don't get it, aren't you searching on the steamid?
Would you kindly share the ip to the server?
:-)
www.warzone.nu

Striker

Postby Striker » 04 May 2013, 17:43

I don't know if you follow me xD It's like you said what is "Reason" in Search ? Only found the bans with X reason for unban some ^^ With a search item "Country" it's more complete, I give only a suggestion for all ^^
http://exodegaming.verygames.net/amxbans/ban_list.php , look, for search french to unban players is impossible with 82 pages. I don't search to unban a specifically player. The ip of the server ? Why ? xD Take it in the forum if you want, on top in the banlist.

Zapy
Site Admin

Postby Zapy » 05 May 2013, 16:56

how could it be more complete with a search function for only a country, that would show all the bans for that specific country,
and as you said if the GeoIP.dat file isn't correct the ban will not show up under that country, its not a good solution.

Just ban them with a more unique reason to be able to find/unbann them/those.

and to unbann all those players, you still need to do it manually.
To add such a function and make it useful it would require a great deal of coding.
www.warzone.nu

Return to “Development and Suggestions”