Error when searching due to ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY

Ask questions about errors and problems related to the amxbans project.
The more details you give, the better answer you will receive, READ the sticky topics before posting!

Be sure to post in the right sub forum: Bugs and Security
booya1

Error when searching due to ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY

Postby booya1 » 10 Oct 2019, 10:33

I have the latest 6.14.4 version of Amxbans and everything works except the "Search" feature.

I run servers on nfoservers.com and they are strict about setting sql_mode. This has already been brought up before but I still see no resolution. I know you guys are busy so sorry. I also posted the php -v version we have and the mysql --version we have.

The script setting is we cannot SET GLOBAL sql_mode permission denied no root access!

The error I'm receiving is this:

Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'webhost_banlist.amx_bans.admin_nick' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

Now somebody fixed this issue here but it's not specific how where he set it do you know?:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=315256

MY PHP AND SQL VERSION BELOW:

PHP 7.1.30 (cli) (built: May 31 2019 11:17:40) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.2.4, Copyright (c) 2002-2018, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend OPcache v7.1.30, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies
webhost@hosted5 ~/public/forums/dbtech/vbshout $ mysql --version
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.25, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper
webhost@hosted5 ~/public/forums/dbtech/vbshout $

Thanks for all the help you can give me on this.

Return to “Support and Help”